How to ensure that Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is correct for me?
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is the right choice for you because it is the most common type of gallbladder surgery. In some cases, it might not be the option if:
- The patient has a severe gallbladder issue.
- You have undergone surgery before time in the upper abdomen area.
Consulting the best doctor for Laparoscopy Surgery In Ludhiana is going to help you get the right treatment plan which addresses your condition. Make sure that you look for a renowned and experienced urologist in Ludhiana.
How can I prepare for the laparoscopic gallbladder removal?
You need to get a full physical examination, and some tests are required to make sure your health is proper. Your doctor is going to inform you about the direct instructions but some of the common ones are:
- You need to take the shower before the surgery or in the morning. The surgeon might prescribe you an antibiotic soap. Make sure to not shave the belly area.
- Do not eat or drink anything before you have surgery as your doctor told you.
- On the day of surgery, make sure to take the necessary medications allowed by the doctor.
- Make sure to stop the use of medications like supplements, blood thinners, and medicines as they can impact your immune system.
What is the procedure of Laparoscopic Gallbladder removal?
- You will be given general anesthesia before the surgery which helps you stay asleep during the entire process. The surgeon will make an incision near the belly button, and then a small device is inserted which is known as a port. The port is going to create the opening which allows the surgeon to fill gas in the abdomen.
- After that, he is going to insert a small camera through the port. The camera is going to help to see everything. More ports are added so that narrow & long instruments can be added. After that, the gallbladder is disconnected, and through one of the incisions, the gallbladder is removed. In some cases, 3 to 4 incisions are needed.
*Make sure to check your doctor’s experience and training he has done before the surgery. It is important to ask about their experience of doing laparoscopic gallbladder removal.
What happens after the surgery?
Will I have pain?
There is some pain after the surgery but it is normal. The person can have pain on the incision site and in the shoulders. However, it is going to go away within 24 to 48 hours. In case you feel any unwanted symptoms then make sure to consult the doctor right away.
Will my body allow me to stay active?
You need to be active according to the way your body tells you to. The doctor suggests walking, and the next day after the surgery you can go up & down the stairs. You are allowed to drive home after 24 hours of getting the surgery as the anesthesia effect will take off. It takes around 4 to 6 weeks to get to the normal working routine.
Make sure to see your doctor again after 2 to 3 weeks following the surgery.