What are the causes of recurrent pregnancy loss?
- Pregnancy loss can occur due to different factors like chromosomal defects, genetic abnormalities, and other random events. The sperm, ovum, or the early embryo might result in different abnormalities.
If you are trying for a long time but are not able to get pregnant then you need to visit the best IVF centre in Punjab.
Due to the increase in maternal age, the chances of miscarriage also increase which is due to poor egg quality, and its risk is increased because of a genetic abnormality or chromosomal defect. In certain cases, the parents may have mutations in the genes. If the offspring is severely affected then it increases the chances of miscarriage.
- If there is any abnormality then miscarriage risk is increased. Some of the major reasons are poor blood supply or uterus infection. In some cases, the patient has an abnormally shaped uterus or there might be issues with the uterus.
- Hormonal imbalance occurs due to health issues like diabetes and thyroid can increase the chances of pregnancy loss. If there is a problem of blood clotting them the chances of pregnancy loss are increased.
How is it tested?
- Karyotype analysis of both parents
The karyotyping process is done to check the numerical or structural anomalies in the parent’s chromosomes.
- Regular evaluation
Make sure that you get the uterus and uterine cavity checked with the help of advanced methods like saline ultrasound, ultrasound, X-ray, MRI, hysterosalpingogram, and hysteroscopy.
- Genetic analysis of the parents
In some cases, the couple contains genetic mutations that can get transferred in their offspring and this can lead to functional or structural defects which leads to increased risk of embryo formation.
What do you need to know about the treatment option?
- Genetic counseling
Genetic counseling can be of great help. It is the best option for people who are facing the issue of chromosomal aberration.
In some cases, the surgical option is best, especially if the person is having a uterine abnormality. Surgery can help to address the defect properly.
If the patient is diagnosed with antiphospholipid then the medications can be of great help. The medications are given so that the patient’s blood pressure gets under control.
- If thyroid dysfunction or diabetes is diagnosed, then medications are given to solve that issue.
Consult the best fertility expert
The fertility issue is increasing and for that, it becomes important to consult the best fertility expert. If you are facing the issue of recurrent miscarriage then make sure to consult the best fertility doctor. She is going to help you get the best fertility treatment plan which improves your conception chances.
If you are facing problems conceiving for a long time then you should consult our fertility expert and she will diagnose your condition & accordingly you will be given a customized treatment plan. If you have any questions in your mind then make sure to book your appointment with our fertility doctor today only.