The Rockwell Automation Micro820 Controller is a compact and versatile programmable logic controller (PLC) designed for industrial automation applications. It is a part of the popular industrial automation systems provider Rockwell Automation’s Micro800 controller range.
The Micro820 Controller’s salient characteristics and features include:
The Micro820 Controller’s tiny form factor and compact dimensions make it perfect for installations with limited space.
- Space Efficiency: Due to its compact design, the Micro820 Controller may be installed in tight spaces such as electrical enclosures, tiny control panels, or equipment. In situations where there is not enough available room, this is quite helpful.
- Flexible Mounting Options: The compact size allows for flexible mounting options like DIN rail or panel installation. This facilitates integration with pre-existing control systems and adds flexibility to the installation process.
- Enhanced Mobility: Because of its compact size and portability, the Micro820 Controller is perfect for mobile applications where it may need to move or relocate on a frequent basis.
A variety of digital inputs and outputs are provided via the integrated I/O terminals on the controller. Furthermore, certain devices have analogue inputs and outputs.
- Digital Inputs: These channels can accept digital signals that generally represent binary states (ON/OFF or high/low). They are used to monitor how switches or sensors are operating.
- Digital Outputs: These output channels are capable of supplying solenoids, relays, and other external devices that require control with digital signals. Devices can be turned on or off by them by switching between binary states.
- Analog Inputs: Continuous analogue signals, such as voltage or current, from sensors or transducers can be measured using these inputs. Analogue inputs are used in applications where precise measurement or adaptable control are required.
Since the Micro820 Controller supports many communication protocols, such as Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, and serial connection, it may be readily connected with other parts and systems.
- Modbus TCP/IP: The controller also supports the Modbus TCP/IP protocol, which is a widely used open communication standard in industrial automation. Sensors, actuators, and other controllers that are compatible with Modbus may communicate with one another and with an Ethernet network thanks to Modbus TCP/IP.
- Serial Communication: The Micro820 Controller has built-in serial communication interfaces, often RS-232 and/or RS-485. These ports support a wide range of serial communication protocols, such as DF1, ASCII, Modbus RTU, and others. Serial communication enables connectivity with devices that use serial communication interfaces or older technology.
The controller may be configured using the Connect Components Workbench (CCW) software from Rockwell Automation, which provides an easy-to-use environment for logic creation and configuration.
The Rockwell Automation Micro820 Controller allows customers to rapidly add additional I/O points or specialised modules to meet specific application needs since it supports extension modules.
- Expansion Modules: The Micro820 Controller allows extension modules to be readily attached in order to provide extra I/O points. There are several ways to combine these extension modules, such as specialist modules, digital inputs, digital outputs, analogue inputs, and analogue outputs. They can be mounted either directly on the controller or on a DIN rail adjacent to it, depending on the kind of module.
The controller is equipped with built-in capabilities including high-speed counters and a real-time clock. and data recording that makes it possible to have a great deal of control and data collection.
- Data Logging: The Micro820 Controller has integrated data logging functions. It is possible to configure the controller to log data from several sources, such as inputs, outputs, and internal variables. This feature allows you to gather and save data for analysis, troubleshooting, and process improvement.
- Real-Time Clock: Accurate time and date information is provided via the Micro820 Controller’s real-time clock (RTC). The RTC makes precise timing management, event monitoring, and time-based scheduling possible inside your automation system.
Scalability and Compatibility:
The Micro820 Controller is a member of the Micro800 series, which also comprises a number of other controllers, HMI panels, and accessories. Consequently, fully integrated automation systems may be created in a scalable and compatible environment.
- System Scalability: The Micro820 Controller is part of the Micro800 family of controllers, which also contains controllers with a variety of features and I/O capacity. This allows you to choose the best controller model for your application based on its specific requirements. The Micro820 Controller itself has scalability, allowing extension modules to increase its input/output capabilities.
- Expansion Module Compatibility: The Micro820 Controller is compatible with a wide range of expansion modules, including digital, analogue, specialist, and communication modules. These modules are simply added to expand the controller’s capabilities and accommodate additional I/O requirements. The compatibility ensures that integrating the Micro820 Controller with the relevant expansion modules won’t present any difficulties.
When budget and space are critical factors in small to medium-sized automation applications, the Micro820 Controller offers an affordable option.
- Affordable Price Point: Because of its low cost, the Micro820 Controller is a more cost-effective option than more complex and large-scale controllers. Given that it balances cost and capabilities, it is suitable for applications with low automation requirements or limited funding.
- Compact Design and Space Efficiency: The Micro820 Controller’s compact design helps to save material and installation expenses. Because of its tiny form factor, it may be installed in smaller enclosures or control panels, which saves money and space.
- Embedded I/O: The inbuilt I/O points of the Micro820 Controller reduce the need for additional external I/O modules in many applications. This reduces the total cost of the system by eliminating the need to order and install separate I/O modules.
The Rockwell Automation Micro820 Controller has several application areas, such as material handling, packaging, and manufacturing. It provides trustworthy and efficient control for a range of industrial automation tasks.
Asteam Techno Solutions Pvt. Ltd. was founded in 2017 with the goal of being a one-stop shop for the automation industry. Today, it is recognised as one of the leading providers of industrial automation parts in India and around the world. We provide you with the greatest goods, including HMI, PLC, Power Supply, Servo Motor, and many more, that maximise your results. We sourced these products from reputable manufacturers like Phoenix Contact, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Moxa, Vipa, and many more.