Aloe vera has widely been popular for treating many skin and hair-related problems such as skin infections, frostbite, burns, wound healing, inflammation, less hair growth, and dry and dull hair. Households generally use it to create homemade remedies to treat various conditions or to enhance the beauty of the body. Aloe vera does not completely remove the scar, but the healing agents present inside it cause it to appear faded. However, if you have a critical skin condition and you want to treat it with aloe vera, you should consult a skin clinic in Vizag before applying anything to your body.
What causes acne scars?
Acne on our skin develops when oil, dirt and dead skin cells start to clog the pores. Due to the appearance of acne, our body’s healing system kicks in and begins to heal the damaged skin the same way it heals an injury or illness. However, the healing system sometimes results in scarring the skin. When acne is formed near the surface of the skin, it usually heals itself with very little scarring, but when it runs down deep into the layers of skin, that is when the real damage begins as the acne damages the tissue of the skin. Scarring occurs when, during the healing process, these tissues are produced either too much or too little.
How does aloe vera brighten up the skin and lessen the formation of scar
After applying aloe vera, our skin starts to look brighter with faded scar formations due to the following:
- Boosting immune response: various reports have suggested that aloe vera might be able to fight against inflammation and reduce scarring from acne.
- Increasing production of collage and production of elastin fibre: The repairing of the scarred areas is in the hands of these fibres. Applying aloe vera on the skin increases the production of collagen compounds, which may also result in reducing ageing signs.
- Reducing inflammation: inflammation leads to acne scarring, which can be prevented by applying aloe vera as it helps in reducing inflammation.
Aloe vera is the most effective on burns or surgical scars, but it also has the potential to deal with acne scars. Some studies found that the compound that is present in the aloe era, known as “aloesin,” may be able to reduce hyperpigmentation due to acne that causes scarring. The overproduction of melanin, which is a dark pigment that makes the scars noticeable, can be prevented by aloesin.
What is the process of using aloe vera on your skin?
Aloe vera can be added to your regular skincare routine through the following steps:
- The first step is to cleanse your skin with a cleanser that is gentle on your skin using lukewarm water.
- Apply aloe vera gel or aloe vera cream to the spot of treatment or the scarred area or even on the entire area of your skin if you wish.
- Be sure to gently massage the area of treatment appropriately on and around the targeted area of skin.
- Keep practising this routine every day in addition to the use of other products.
What type of aloe vera is appropriate for use?
Aloe vera is prepared in many forms, such as gels and creams. Many people even prefer to buy an aloe vera plant to break off its leaves and acquire fresh aloe vera gel from it. But if you are buying an aloe vera product from the market, especially for your face, be sure to see the labels have written the following wordings:
- Non Comedogenic
- Suitable for skin and face
Acne can be a constant problem for some people that can result in scarring all over the face. It does not just damage the skin but also one’s confidence. The scars on your skin can sometimes scar your memories, so it is better to consult a skin doctor to get an acne scar treatment in Jalandhar to regain your confidence.